||Methods defined here:|
- Closes the serial port. The device requires no shutdown procedure.
- __init__(self, device='', timeout=1.0)
- Initializes the serial port, sends the initialization string to the
device and reads back the string indicating successful initialization
of the device. "device" is the device identifier for the serial port
that your irman is connected to. Look at the python serial documentation
to see how device ids are specified. The default device is your first
serial port (/dev/ttyS0, com1, etc..) "timeout" is the maximum amount
of time this call will block if no data is read from the device.
- Returns boolean indicating whether or not the device is initialized.
- Returns a 12 character string representing the hex values of the six bytes
read from the device. This call will block for the amount of time specified
in the timeout parameter passed to the object constructor unless data arrives
at the port before the timeout has elapsed.